Venue: The Pewterers Hall, London EC2 (view map)
Programme Dates: 5 October, 7 December 2018, 22 March, 10 May, 7 June, 28 June 2019
Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm
For the second year running, REAch2 and The Endeavour Teaching School Alliance will be working as part of the new National Professional Qualification Alliance, led by Ambition School Leadership.
TThe main focus of the NPQH programme is to ensure all participants increase their confidence and capability in the core skills and responsibilities of an effective school leader. The course will empower participants to develop a strong network to support them as headteachers.
Participants are assessed through a written assignment to ensure that they have reached the qualification requirements, plus a viva interview to assess them against the more challenging Ambition bar.
The programme comprises a series of training sessions, along with pre- and post-reading, a nine-day school placement and an in-school impact project.
The sessions cover six core areas:
- Leadership skills for headteachers
- School self-evaluation and school improvement planning
- School culture and vision
- Operational management of a school including finance and HR
- Teaching, learning and curriculum
- Pastoral leadership
In order for both aspiring and serving headteachers to receive their qualification, they will need to complete the project element of this qualification successfully. This is in two parts:
- Lead a change programme at whole-school level, lasting at least two terms, to improve pupil progress and attainment. They will need to present the plan to their governing board prior to implementation and gather their feedback
- Undertake a placement in a contrasting school (for example, by performance, pupil profile, geography), lasting at least nine working days.
It is essential that schools understands the level of support they will need to put in place when they are placing participants on this programme.
For more information regarding eligibility, click here.
|EMAIL US ABOUT THIS COURSE||BOOK NOW|